Monday, September 20, 2010

The Epic Note or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Write a Blog

Okay, so here it is.  This is the one, single note that inspired me to create this blog.  I really do hope that someone else can outdo it relatively soon, if only so my blog gets populated and is not naked and exposed, lying there waiting for my roommate to discover its foundations.  Of course, if he does find it I guess he might move out.  There are some pluses and some minuses to this.  On the plus side, he will be gone and we can find someone cool to live in the 7x10 foot-ish room with no windows.  On the minus side, he's the only person on the lease, so that might screw things up a bit.  I can't tell if the possibility of there being no more pissed off notes from him is a plus or a minus though.

So without further ado here it is:

Figure 1:

             9/15/2010

Fellow occupants:

        A few things - rather rudimentary in
    nature but obviously not intuitive so:

1) When the ice trays have two lonely ice cubes in
     each tray, what should you do?  That's right,
     you got it, FILL them with H2O so you
     don't have Jeremy seething at the end of
     a rather (already) shitty day - wondering why
     he doesn't have ice to make a measly cocktail.

2) When you use the couch and pull the "throw"
     into a complicated mess - you guessed it -
     pull it back to its original beautiful composure

3) We need to arrange a TP, paper towel, and
     soap/cleaning supplies assignment list.  This
    week we ran out of TP and everyone shrugged - 
    "Uh - I dunno who gets that"
    → This needs to be corrected

4) Please deposit your internet fees to me asap. Thx

I hope this really is as ridiculous as I think it is and that it actually is worth showing off here.  I also wanted to point out two things here.  The first is that the writer of this note is 24 years old.  That's right, he's 24.  Second, someone threw out my note about the free apples, but this thing is still on our fridge. Let me also just say that until we decided to put a blanket and cover over his nasty couch, it looked a lot worse than what he's talking about.  Oh, and the grad student who is trying to live off of a $700 a month stipend while renting a $600 room is the one who bought the toilet paper last time.  He never does.  He never really buys anything communal.  He did buy a vacuum and did also give me shit the other night for using it though.  He seemed good at that.

Wow, I swear I'm really not that angry.  It's just the little things that you get called out on.  I do admit to being at fault for the ice cubes.  Then again, when I make a "cocktail" I don't need more than  the four that I left, usually.

With that, I bid you adieu mes cheres
"                                                                                                                                                       

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of college where the RA has about 30 students and everyone has different schedules. A note like this might make sense in that case, but the attitude in the note is off the charts. I hope there are more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would live with her, at least shes neat! How about you just start doing things and clean after yourself, maybe that would help you to stop stressing out about the notes and writing blog about it! haha

    ReplyDelete